For the past year, I can’t count how many times I turned to Cory to ask him how old I was. Not that 27 and 28 weren’t incredibly special years, I just started losing track after 25.
My friend Scott started a Facebook page a couple of years ago, tracking 30 things he wanted to accomplish before he turned 30. What a terrific idea, right? So, now that I’ve turned 29, below is a list of my 30 before 30:
- Change my name.
- Ride the ferris wheel at Navy Pier.
- Check out the view of Chicago from the Sears (Willis) Tower.
- See the fall foliage at the Morton Arboretum.
- Stay at a bed and breakfast.
- Learn to snowboard.
- Go to a Sox game at the Cell.
- Go to a Blackhawks game at United Center.
- Watch the sun rise.
- Golf in a personal tournament (Thursday-Sunday).
- Make my mom’s famous eggrolls.
- Make Cory’s aunt Cindy’s famous sugar cookies.
- Make Cory’s grandma’s raspberry jelly.
- Figure out Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom.
- Be debt-free (except the mortgage).
- Become a yogi.
- Go to the Old Town Art Fair.
- Go to a movie in a park.
- Take the architectural boat tour.
- Run/walk a 5K (may be nothing for most, but I can’t run a mile).
- Visit a city I’ve never visited before.
- Watch It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Do a drive by of the Home Alone house (one of my favorite movies).
- Brush up on my French.
- Back up all my pix on DVDs.
- Go dark for a day: No cell phone, computer or TV.
- Start eating breakfast on the regular.
- Take a class of some sort (cooking, photography, design, French).
- Get a psychic reading.
I kept my personal list realistic, measurable and actionable. S.M.A.R.T., huh? (I couldn’t help it, I’m cheesy like that.) I can’t wait to share pictures and stories about each one that gets crossed off the list!
Did you make a list before a milestone birthday? Or will you? What will be on your bucket lists?