Bacon makes everything better, doesn’t it? Even Brussel sprouts.
Although, I’m not sure why brussels got such a bad rap. They’re green and lovable; and thankfully, they’ve made quite the come back in the last five years.
Since I don’t personally cook (well, anyway), I thought I’d start sharing some of my favorite recipes that I’ve actually tried, enjoyed or I’m filing away for a when the mood strikes. Today’s recipe feature’s Cory’s delicious Brussel sprouts, which are the perfect side to any dish.
“Real Brussel Sprouts” Recipe by Cory Miller
30 golf ball-sized Brussel sprouts
1/4 white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 strips of bacon
1 and 1/2 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in pan until crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, clean Brussel sprouts and remove easy-to-peel outer layers.
- Remove bacon from pan.
- Using same pan, stir in Brussel sprouts, onions, garlic and salt/pepper (to taste) to bacon grease on high heat for 4 minutes.
- While cooking, chop bacon into bits.
- After the 4 minutes, add bacon bits and chicken broth.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low for 4 minutes; removing lid for 2 additional minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to make brussels? Or, what interesting ways are you seeing them on restaurant menus lately?